Here are five things to know before you head out to the second day of the on Saturday:
1. The National Weather Service forecast calls for partly sunny skies with scattered thunderstorms between 5-8 p.m., and a high temperature of 94. Saturday night will see gradual clearing, with a low around 64.
2. The , titled "Hometown Pride," steps off at 11 a.m. from the grounds of the on the corner of Route 5 and South Road. The marchers will walk north on Enfield Street to the town green.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
3. presents the Children's Soap Box Derby on North Main Street, beginning at 1 p.m.
4. There are plenty of athletic events on tap Saturday. A high school 3-on-3 basketball tournament will be held in the Town Hall parking lot at 3 p.m., and the Firecracker 1K Kid's Road Race starts at 5 o'clock on North Main Street. At 5:30, the does battle with on the Higgins softball field, and the Twilight 5K Road Race through historic Thompsonville Village commences at 6 p.m.
5. It's time to feather your hair (or tease it up REAL big), toss on legwarmers over your jeans and apply an ungodly amount of Lip Smackers (the original fun flavored lip gloss), because we're going back in time about 25 years! Three '80s hair metal bands will be performing Saturday on the : L.A. Guns at 5 p.m., Warrant at 7 p.m. and Skid Row at 9:30. Like, Omigod!
For a complete schedule of Saturday's activities, visit www.enfieldcelebration.org.