The will induct its 17th class of outstanding athletes, coaches and contributors on Saturday, Sept. 22 at the , Enfield.
Tickets for the dinner, which includes a choice of beef, chicken or vegetarian plates, are $35, and are available at the Angelo Lamagna Activity Center at 19 North Main St., or by calling Kris Couture at 860-749-6789.
Honorees of the Class of 2012 include:
- Chris Caminiti, a 1985 graduate who went on to a lengthy career in college and pro football, including a stint as assistant coach with the Cleveland Browns.
- Colleen Finnerty, a 1990 graduate who was a two-time field hockey All-American at Mitchell Junior College, then played Division 1 field hockey at Southwest Missouri State University.
- Frank "Lefty" Jedziniak, a 1934 graduate who was one of the top pitchers in the area, and played minor league baseball in the Philadelphia Phillies and St. Louis Cardinals organizations.
- Bob Vranich, a 1988 graduate who was a four-time All-American in the javelin throw at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where he won a Division II national championship.
- Bob Winch, a 1980 graduate who has coached college soccer for more than 25 years, including 12 years as men's coach at the University of Central Florida and the past six seasons as women's coach at The Citadel.
- Marion Riley, founder of , who will posthumously receive the George Daly Special Recognition Award for her many years of sponsorship and support of the Enfield Women's and Girl's Softball Leagues.
- The 1981-82 ice hockey team, which won the Division II state championship (the first of five state titles won by either Enfield or Fermi high schools between 1982 and 1990).