New Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jeffrey Schumann is seeking input from the community as to the state of Enfield's public schools.
Schumann and members of the leadership cabinet are initiating a series of six forums, serving to introduce themselves to the public and generate conversation about their visions for the future of the school system.
Each session is scheduled to run 90 minutes, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The first event will be Tuesday, Oct. 2 in the all-purpose room at Eli Whitney School. According to a news release, notes will be taken at the event and used to find common themes among the sessions to inform the work going forward. Building administrators will be on hand to respond to individual cases that may arise at the session.
Similar sessions will be held:
- Thursday, Oct. 4, Kennedy Middle School cafeteria
- Wednesday, Oct. 10, Hazardville Memorial School auditorium
- Thursday, Oct. 11, Enfield High School library
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, Henry Barnard School all-purpose room
- Thursday, Oct. 18, Fermi High School library media center (2nd floor)