Since Tuesday, Oct. 1, Access Health CT, the state’s official insurance marketplace, has been enrolling Connecticut residents in health care plans under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
If you’re interested in enrolling, they’ve developed a handy checklist of information you need to have handy before starting the enrollment process. The information includes:
- Birth dates
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Tax returns for previous years
- Employer and income information (pay stubs, W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance and information about employer-sponsored coverage you or someone in your household is eligible for
You can also call the Access Health CT hotline at 1-855-805-4325 or visit one of the retail locations coming to New Britain and New Haven in mid-October.
“We believe the checklist will be a helpful tool for people preparing to enroll in a plan,” said Kevin Counihan, AHCT CEO. “In fact, the federal government has used the Connecticut checklist as a model for other states to use as they begin the open enrollment process. Enrolling in health care coverage through Access Health CT is easy but a little planning can make it even easier.”
Open enrollment began Oct. 1 and runs through March 31, 2014.