Heat Shelter for Cats Causes Enfield Fire

The Brett Lane fire occurred after an attempt to keep outdoor cats warm.

Credit: Mark Zacaro, Fire Departments of Enfield
Credit: Mark Zacaro, Fire Departments of Enfield
The Hazardville Fire Department responded to a fire in the carport of a home on Brett Lane Thurs., Jan. 10, the department said.

According to the department, the department responded to the fire at 10:45 p.m.

The carport fire "was caused by a makeshift heating device consisting of an extension cord and a lamp," according to the department. 

The homeowner, according to Mark Zacaro of the Enfield Fire Departments, also created a nest of hay and was using the homemade warming shelter to help keep outdoor cats stay warm.

One of the home's occupants were treated on scene for smoke-related injuries, according to Zacaro.

No other injuries were reported.

The fire was reportedly contained to the carport and did not cause damage to the home.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »