An Enfield family lost most of their possessions in a Thanksgiving morning fire on Laurie Drive.
The blaze at 22 Laurie Drive originated in the basement of the ranch-style home, North Thompsonville Fire Chief Earl Provencher said.
"It does not appear to be suspicious," Provencher said Thursday afternoon.
Herb and Jennifer Marone and their two children were not home at the time of the fire, which was reported by a neighbor at 10:01 a.m. The house, which was built in 1955, was purchased by the Marones six years ago, according to Enfield land records.
District 4 Town Councilman Tom Kienzler, whose constituency includes the Whit Acres neighborhood where the Marones reside, posted on his Facebook page that the family has lost almost everything they owned.
"I am asking for our community to come together and help them if you can," Kienzler wrote. "Friday morning I will be talking to a local Enfield bank to set up a relief account for them."
Enfield Patch will publish information on how to help the family as soon as more details are available.