.

Enfield Family Suspects House Fire May Have Been Caused by E-Cigarette

Blaze started in basement of house on Campania Road.

Fire in an Enfield family home left one man injured and raised questions about the safety of charging e-cigarettes, according to WFSB.com.

The Hayden family heard smoke detectors going off in their house on Campania Road on Wednesday night, alerting them to a fire in the basement. Family members told Eyewitness News an e-cigarette was charging in the basement, and they suspected it might have started the blaze.

Fire had overtaken much of the home when emergency responders arrived just before midnight.

John Hayden Sr. may have been trying to put out the fire himself when he got burned, but he was not able to keep the fire from spreading through much of the basement and the higher floors. Hayden was taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield for treatment.

The state fire marshal's office was investigating the exact cause of the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »